Tuesday, June 9, 2009

Hell is about to freeze over.

The bathroom window was trimmed out today. Amazing.

My husband decided he wanted to trim out the bathroom. I was more than okay with that since I did ALL THE OTHER WORK. hummph. I seem to be a little miffy, only when he claims it as "our bathroom project" until three weeks ago it was my project.

So, three weeks ago he decided he was going to stain and trim out the windows. We had a "discussion" about putting up the trim and then staining it or staining it before putting it up. Husband decided that you must stain all of the trim first so you can match the stain better. I disagreed, because you'd have blemishes from the saw cuts and holes you'd need to fill and then stain over. (And also because I watched my dad try it both ways and learned that even if you have to tape around your trim it's still easier and looks better than if you stain it before you hang it).

Since this was Husbands project I let it be. He stained it, then put it up. Then today after the trim is all up around the window he comes to me and said, "I think that next window I'll stain it AFTER I put it up...because there is a bunch of stuff I need to fill and touch up."

Oh, I so said "I told you so."

0 comments: